Thank you for your interest in writing for Snowbirding Central!
We are currently accepting snowbirding-related articles and stories from fellow Sun Chasers who would like to share useful information and/or interesting stories about their snowbirding adventures.
We do not accept pre-written sponsored content.
Pitch us informational content to answer questions people ask about the snowbirding lifestyle.
- Financial – All things money-related, from budgeting and taxes to discounts and insurance, and everything financial in between.
- Health & Wellness – Tips & resources to help you stay fit and healthy at home, while snowbirding, and on the road.
- Housing – All things housing-related to help you find and enjoy an active snowbirding community.
- Lifestyle – Tips & resources to help you thrive emotionally, mentally, physically, socially, and spiritually.
- Spotlight – A detailed glimpse of locations or communities great for snowbirds.
- Technology – Using technology to help make your life safer and more accessible. Topics include home security, cell phones, library & travel apps, hot spots, road tripper apps, receipt tracking, etc.
- Travel – All things flying, driving, riding, camping, etc. to get you safely and economically from place to place.
You could also write an honest review of a book, app, product, or service you've used. Let us know what helps you thrive as a snowbird or retiree!
Telling your story is another option. This can be done by answering interview questions or by sharing an engaging piece about how you chose your snowbirding community, or how you stay active and healthy as a snowbird.
Do you have another idea? Pitch us. But make sure it specifically addresses our goal of helping others thrive in the snowbirding lifestyle.
We do not pay for contributed articles at this time. (We hope to in the future!) But you will be listed as a “contributor” with a bio and picture (or logo) on our contributor page.
Send your email and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘SBC Proposed Content’ in the subject line.
- Briefly tell us who you are
- State whether you are proposing informational content, a review (including the type of review), or your story
- Include recommended titles for your proposed post
- Include a simple outline with bullet points
- Tell us how Snowbirding Central readers will benefit from your post
- Add a couple of links to your best posts or sample writing
We will reply to you within one week to discuss your idea. We look forward to connecting!